Monday, 19 September 2011 10:50
LONDON UK APRIL 4th 2011 — Comsec, a division of Commercial Security International a global leader in the prevention, detection and investigation of corporate fraud and intellectual property infringement, have today announced that Roche Diagnostics, the world’s largest biopharmaceutical company, will use its unique investigative software solution - Watchdog - to monitor and protect their Brand online.
Watchdog simplifies the process of Online brand Protection by automating the time-consuming task of monitoring internet based data sources such as search engines, domain names and auction sites.
John Newbold, Global Head of Retail and Pricing at Roche said: “ Watchdog is a vital and valuable tool in our processes to help brand protection on a global basis. The team at Commercial Security International are very proactive in helping with all our requests and specific needs. The system is easy to use and has already added significant value to our business”
- ends -
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, virology, inflammation, metabolism and CNS. Roche is also the world leader in in-vitro diagnostics, tissue-based cancer diagnostics and a pioneer in diabetes management. Roche’s personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostic tools that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. In 2009, Roche had over 80’000 employees worldwide and invested almost 10 billion Swiss francs in R&D. The Group posted sales of 49.1 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche has a majority stake in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan.
Watchdog allows you to quickly and easily search, filter and analyse data in a reliable and secure environment. The key benefits include:
- An intelligent image detection system that can be used to discover unauthorised sellers and counterfeiters misusing or misrepresenting your images and logo’s
- Interrogates location data, automatically matching address and post/zip code information with an alert function, to let you know when activity is detected in a particular location
- Protects and manages your portfolio of domain names across the internet, enabling your business to minimise the risks associated with maintaining a global web presence
- Provides a full audit trail by automatically gathering intelligence on offending sellers, collecting and storing an evidential package for future legal actions
- A comprehensive reporting package is fully customisable, easily accessible and simple to use.
ComSec is a division of Commercial Security International, founded as a corporate fraud and intellectual property investigation company. This partnership is unique and enables us to compliment the Watchdog service, with traditional investigations, such as test purchases, surveillance, asset-tracing and other evidence gathering.